Thanks to support from people like you, Grow Smart RI was able to accomplish a lot this past year.
- We aggressively promoted “on the ground” implementation of smart growth community revitalization tools through our new Technical Assistance unit and our award winning Training Program.
- Working with our Historic Tax Credit coalition partners, we were able to keep the State Historic Tax Credit program going, overturning a provision of RI law that would have put this dynamic community revitalization and economic development tool out of business as of June 30, 2016.
- Now, as a follow up we’re working with an influential state legislator on a bill to recapitalize the State Historic Tax Credit as we simultaneously work with Commerce RI and our developer allies to improve the Rebuild RI Tax Credit program.
- The Governor asked us to take a leadership role in facilitating the successful compromise that DOT and The City of Providence reached about the replacement of the 6/10 connector – an alternative that supports neighborhood revitalization, additional economic development and improved pedestrian and bicycle connections.
- We’re now leading the charge among business and civic leaders asking the Governor to prioritize a public transportation vision and master plan as a way to optimize our community and economic development goals.
- Grow Smart RI is providing the Town Councils and Planning Boards in both Middletown and Exeter with free technical assistance for reforming local regulations so that agricultural and forest landowners can maintain economically viable working farms and forests.
We invite you to be part of a movement in 2017 that’s effectively promoting Rhode Island’s long term revitalization. Join with us by making a year-end tax-deductible contribution to Grow Smart RI.
In 2017 we will use donations like yours to focus on five key areas: (1) Sustainable Economic Development. (2) Incentivized Growth in Revitalized Urban and Town Centers; (3) A Stronger, More User Friendly Public Transportation System; (4) Vibrant Agriculture, Forests, and Food Sectors and; (5) Spreading our smart growth message to all segments of the RI community.
As a non-profit organization, we rely on donations from the community to support our vital mission of advancing Rhode Island economically and environmentally.
Donations can be made by clicking HERE or
text GROWSMART to 91999
Why donors support Grow Smart RI – in 39 seconds